Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fresh Fruit Festival Art Exhibition

I'd love to be back in N.Y. right now! I miss my friends and the energy of the city. And now that I know how beautiful it is in upstate N.Y. well well who knows....

In the meantime, I wanted to share an event with you where I will have two pieces exhibited:
Fresh Fruit Festival Art Exhibition
PASSION: Lesbian Visions 2009
July 10-25, 2009
Leslie-Lohman Gallery
26 Wooster Street (btw. Grand and Canal)

I hope you all make it to the opening night reception. When you do, please find Heidi, the brains and energy behind this festival, and give her a hug for me!

All the artists were asked to respond to the same question and here is my artist statement:

Life ignites my passion as an artist.
Real moments of love and tenderness between people ignite my passion.
Vignettes of connection that two people share and I am fortunate enough to witness
touch me artistically and emotionally.
And for me great passion is always about great emotion.
Ultimately, my heart ignites my passion as an artist.

Have a safe Happy 4th of July!

No comments: