Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New York Trip-On The Road with Judy

I just returned from my shooting trip in New York and had a wonderful time! American Airlines was very uncooperative unfortunately--they cancelled both flights and offered no replacement plane, so I missed one full day in the city thanks to them. I did however have an exhilarating whirlwind 2 full days of shooting. One day I shot 3 models in a beautiful hotel room---something I have wanted to do for years now, and something I will be doing much more often in the future. Being out of the studio, working with available light, utilizing what is available, having no set plan, just improvising was a BLAST and the best exercise for a photographer to keep sharp. It is important to periodically get back to the basics. I will be doing a casting in the future in major cities and continuing with this 'on the road shoots with Judy'.
I had 2 beautiful women taking good care of me and making sure I got where I needed to go while there. I was born on Long Island but my family moved to California when I was three years old and yet I have always had a pull to the east coast. Even though I have visited many times, I am not as familiarized with Manhattan as I would like, so it is always fun for me to be a tourist and explore. I saw how beautiful upstate N.Y. is and was able to take a day to visit friends in New Jersey. I am really looking forward to getting back very very soon.
All in all, I had a great productive time. I always return from New York completely energized which is helpful since now I need to edit all the shoots....woohoo!

6 comments:

Christa said...

And New York was blessed and oh-so-grateful to have you here with us! We hope you always consider New York/us your second home/family!

xoxo

Judy Francesconi said...

Now you've done it Christa! You guys were so wonderful you may have new part time roomie!

Christa said...

Bring it on Sistah! ;-)

P.R.Lambros said...

In My Humble Opinion!
Your work is Amazing!
You are so there at capturing the moment in each and every photo.
You have brought yourself to the forefront for all of us who dare to engage in the "Life of Art and Loving"be it a same sex relationship!

Your imagery is Exceptional, and your creative flair is a landmark on to this form of photographic art..

I can hardly wait to view your latest project!

P.R.Lambros said...

In My Humble Opinion!
Your work is Amazing!
You are so there at capturing the moment in each and every photo.
You have brought yourself to the forefront for all of us who dare to engage in the "Life of Art and Loving"be it a same sex relationship!

Your imagery is Exceptional, and your creative flair is a landmark on to this form of photographic art..

I can hardly wait to view your latest project!

cal said...

If only I had thought of my "secret" project a month ago, I might have been able to take you for coffee while you were here! Next time, for sure!