Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Blessings in Disguise

It has been a busy couple of weeks. A whirlwind of activity and emotions. I am sorry to say that I had to cancel my trip back east this week. For now my place is here with my father. He urgently needed to have some tests done on Monday and we have the results. So, based on those results I need to be close by. I will be re-scheduling my shoots and signings after the first of the year. I am looking forward to being back in New York and Boston and I will keep you posted on my schedule. Thank you for understanding.

By the way, I know now beyond a shadow of a doubt that everything does indeed happen for a reason. And I do mean everything. The bizarre way in which my father's surgery was unable to proceed saved his life. So, the next time something really ridiculous, upsetting, mind boggling or even heartbreaking happens, count to ten and be open to the blessing in disguise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today i'm going use this comment in your blog to write a few words to your father:
"Dear father of Judy,

i send my words to give you strength, to give comfort in this moment of your life.
We never met in person, but i want to send to you positive words and tell you that i wish that you gonna stay better.
I'm going to tell you a little secret, and you gonna be very happy: Judy is the Best Photographer, and i see in her work that she is a wonderful human being! You have a fantastic daughter!
Well it's time to say goodbye, i wish with all my hearth that you gonna be in a state of wellbeing.
Imagine that in this moment i am with you and i can give you a big hug.
Bye,
Mary Bernard"

Dear Judy you are a "sailor", you have in mind the "port" toward which you is sailing the "ship" of your life, you must keep your face toward it all the time, in the good moments and in the moments more difficult of the life.
Sometimes it's very complicated but don't lose sight of your "port", don't lose sight of the "compass" of your life.
I send a big hug to you...

Mary