Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Love Getting Flowers


Look at these beautiful flowers that my "New York peeps" sent me.
They remind me of the movie, Under The Tuscan Sun (one of my favorites). My dad's family is from Tuscany and my mom's family from Naples. I still want to spend weeks in Italy and explore all the beauty and food! I was in Rome my senior year of college and loved it. I knew just enough Italian to get in trouble. We stayed at the Grand Hotel... Via Venetto, the Spanish Steps... I felt like I was home and would love to do a gallery showing and photo shoots there someday soon.

I have a great story about my audience with the Pope and choosing to take photos of him (almost the last photo I ever snapped) instead of shaking his hand and receiving a blessing. It is because of the Pope that I designed my business card the way I did. (Most of my stories are only told over margaritas at Marix)

What a great day--for many reasons.

Since Monday July 7, 2008 I have had the best caregivers taking care of Dad when I am not there. I worked so hard to find the right match, and after a year plus of constant hassles, stress, last minute calls because the caregivers didn't show up, a flooded backyard, and a refrigerator of ruined food because it was turned off, etc. etc. The stories go on and on as many of you know. I finally have some peace of mind and time to devote to other things --like fun new shoots and product for all of you! ART COMES FROM ARTISTS (I know I'm yelling. What can I say, I get PASSIONATE.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy, great shot of the Padre...too bad you didn't have a chance to show him your portfolio...you'd still be saying Hail Mary's...lol...we love ya!
City Chicks